UGB M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020 – Eligibility, Documents uploded, Vacancy, Admit Card, Exam Date and Full Notification – Applications, through online “MPhil/PhD Admission Programme, 2019-2020” portal at University website (www.ugb.ac.in), are invited for admission in M.Phil/Ph.D Programme, 2019-2020 of the University of Gour Banga in various disciplines in compliance to the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil / Ph.D Degrees) Regulations, 2016 and the Ordinances, Regulations and Guidelines of the University and amendments thereto from time to time and that of the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal for M.Phil/Ph.D Programme that are available from time to time.
UGB M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020 Recruitment 2019 – Documents to be Uploded
At the time of filling up the online application form, a candidate must upload:
(i) Birth Certificate / Admit of Madhyamik Parikha/ 10th or equivalent examination for verification of age,
(ii) Mark sheet of Madhyamik Parikha (MP)/10th or equivalent examinations
(iii) Mark sheet of Higher Secondary examination/ equivalent examination
(iv) Mark sheet of Under Graduate examination/ equivalent examination
v) Mark sheet of Post Graduate Degree / equivalent examination,
(vi) Recent coloured passport size photo graph, (vii) Signature,
(viii) Certificate for SC/ST/OBC/PWD(Differently Abled), if applicable,
(ix) NET/SET/SLET/GATE/JRF certificate, if any
(x) No Objection Certificate from Employer, wherever applicable(optional at the time of online application. If not submitted at this time, then must submit the original copy during Viva Voce),
(xi) M.Phil Marksheet wherever applicable.
UGB M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020 Important Dates
|Start online form fill up||14-01-2020|
UGB M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020 Application Fee
- The prescribed application in online is to be filled up with the online payment of Rs.500/- for unreserved candidates.
- Rs.300/- for reserved candidates [OBC-A/OBC-B/S.C./S.T./PWD (Differently Abled)]
UGB M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020 Age Limit
- No Age Limit for the Admission M.Phil & Ph.D
UGB M.Phil & Ph.D Admission 2020 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programmes are as follows:
- Candidates holding a Master’s Degree or a degree considered to be equivalent to the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or allied subject, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC-7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorised by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, may apply for the admission to the M.Phil / Ph.D. Programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBCB/PWD(differently abled) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC and Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal from time to time or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure.