Samajik Suraksha Yojana 2017 | SSY 2017- Eligibility, Application fee, Admit Card, Exam Date, Age Limit, Vacancy and Full Notification – The Government of West Bengal has launched a number of Social Security Schemes for the workers of the unorganised. sector aimed at providing these workers with a degree of income security when faced with the contingencies of old age, survivorship, incapacity, disability, bringing up children, gender disparity, curative or preventive medical care and empowerment. The Schemes are:-
a) State Assisted Scheme of Provident Fund for Unorganized Workers, (SASPFUW)
b) West Bengal Unorganised Sector Workers’ Health Security Scheme, (WBUSWHSS)
c) Social Security Scheme for Construction Workers, (BOCWA)
d) West Bengal Transport Workers Social Security Scheme, (WBTWSSS)
e) West Bengal Bidi Workers’ Welfare Scheme, (WBBWWS)
Samajik Suraksha Yojana 2020 – Full Notifications
However it is seen that the benefits and the scale of benefits varied considerably in all these schemes. This leads to overlap and inconsistencies regarding eligibility and benefits. The process to register and avail benefits under these schemes was also getting difficult for the beneficiaries who are mostly illiterate or their literacy level is too low to comprehend such diversities.
A need was thus felt to integrate and converge common benefits of all the above schemes into a single and more comprehensive scheme to provide uniform benefits to each and every unorganised worker registered herein for the ease of better understanding, monitoring and effective implementation.
Accordingly, Governor is pleased to introduce a new and consolidated social security scheme for the unorganised workers namely, SAMAJIK SURAKSHA YOJANA, 2017.
SSY Benefits under The Scheme
- PROVIDENT FUND:
- This is a form of income security fund into which the workers contribute a fixed sum from the earnings and the Government also contributes along with interest. The money in the fund is then paid to the worker on attaining age after which normally the worker is unable to continue to earn income. State Government introduced PF scheme for unorganised workers in the year 2001 and now it aims to cover all the unorganised workers under this Yojana.
- Each eligible worker is to contribute a sum of Rs.25/- per month and the State Government gives a matching grant of Rs. 301- against worker’s contribution.
- The State Government also bears the interest payable annually at the rate at which interest is allowed on deposit under the General Provident Fund by the Government from time to time.
- On attainment of the age of 60 years, or discontinuance as a subscriber under the Scheme, or in the event of the account becoming inoperative due to death, the total cumulative amount along with interest will be refunded to the workers, or to his 1 her nominees.
- (d) The account of a subscriber will be automatically closed if he Is he does not make any contribution continuously for three financial years provided that such account shall be revived by the Assistant Labour Commissioner (ALC) w.e.f. current financial year on an application made by-the subscriber stating reasons for such nonpayment and found to be sufficient by such ALC. No arrear contribution shall, however, be allowed.
- 8.2 HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE:
- With the objective of providing health treatment and social justice to the unorganised worker the following benefits would be provided under this Yojana:-
- A beneficiary and/or family members are entitled to get fmancial assistance up to Rs. 20, 000/- only per annum for ailments covered under West Bengal Health Scheme, 2008 (WBHS’2008) requiring hospitalisation or outdoor treatment.
- The benefits to be provided for:
- cost of clinical tests – full
- cost of medicine – full
- cost of hospitalization – full
- payment for loss of employment to the beneficiary @Rs. 1,0001-for the 1st 5 days and additional
- amount of Rs.1001- per day for the remaining days, up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000/-.
- Claim from a beneficiary and lot family members may be accepted for more than once in a year but total assistance shall be limited to Rs. 200001- (Rupees Twenty thousand) only per annum.
- A beneficiary andlor family members are entitled to get financial assistance upto Rs. 60, 000/- only per
- annum on account of any kind of surgery. Beneficiary undergoing surgery for self or for family members
- will be entitled for a maximum of benefit / claim of Rs. 60,0001- only. The benefits to be provided for:
- (A) cost of clinical tests – full
- (B) cost of medicine – full
- (C) cost of hospitalization – full
- (D) payment for loss of employment to the beneficiary @Rs. 1,000/- for the 1st 5 days and additional
- amount of Rs.1001- per day for the remaining days, up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000/-.
- (ii) Claim from a beneficiary and or family members may be accepted for more than once in a year but total assistance shall be limited to Rs. 600001- (Rupees Sixty Thousand) only per annum.
- (c) A beneficiary, if hospitalised for 5 or more days due to an accident shall be assisted payment for loss of employment to the beneficiary @Rs. 1,000/- for the 1st 5 days and additional amount of Rs.1001- per day for the remaining days, up to a maximum of Rs. 10,000/-. This claim will be admissible only to the beneficiary himself / herself.
- (d) Claim for (a), (b) and (c) will be admissible for expenses at Government Hospitals if any or at empanelled hospitals and as per the package rates of WBHS’ 2008 implemented by Finance Department.
- 8.3 DEATH AND DISABILITY:
- The workers in the unorganised sector are exposed to the risk of untimely death due to disease or accident. This is pronounced in unorganised sectors because of lack of defined safety and deficiency in care. Untimely death, disability or even normal death of an earning member may leave the rest of the family members in perilous condition. To provide social security to the nominees of the beneficiaries under the Yojana, the following benefit would be provided:-
- (a) Rs. 2,00,000/- only in cases of death of the beneficiary arising out of an accident,
- (b) Rs. 50,000/- only in cases of normal death of the beneficiary,
- (c) Rs. 50,000/- in cases of minimum 40% disability of the beneficiary. The disability should be certified by a Government Hospital.
- (d) Rs. 2,00,000/- in cases of total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of use of both hands or feet or loss of sight of one eye and loss of use of hand or foot.
- (e) Rs. 1,00,000/- in cases of total and irrecoverable loss of sight of one eye or loss of use of one hand or foot.
- 8.4 EDUCATION:
- Education is key to empowerment and better society where socio-economic justice prevail. However, lack of education due to poverty and economic stresses are not ruled out. Drop-outs at the secondary level is alarming and to address this issue it has been contemplated in this Yojana to provide financial assistance to the children of the beneficiaries in their pursuit of higher studies.
- (a) Assistance for education will be provided in the following category as per scale given below:
- (i) Reading in Class XI – Rs. 4,000/- pa
- (ii) Reading in Class XII – Rs. 5,000/- pa
- (iii) Under training at IT! – Rs. 6,0001- pa
- (iv) Reading in UG (Arts/Science/Commerce) – Rs. 6,000/- pa
- (v) Reading in PG (Arts/Science/Commerce) – Rs. 10,000/- pa
- (vi) Reading at Polytechnic – Rs. 10,000/- pa
- (vii) Medical/Engineering – Rs. 30,0001- pa
- (b) Assistance for completion of UG education or equivalent Skill Development Studies @ Rs. 25000/- each for up to two daughters will be provided. This benefit will however be admissible if the daughter remains unmarried till completion of studies.
- (c) The above benefits would not be payable to those students who are eligible to get benefits under the ‘Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum- Means Scholarship Scheme’ .
- (d) The above assistance can only be claimed by those students who are studying in recognised education institutions of State Government, Central Government or any institution created by statute of the State or Central Government.
- (e) The students who will be covered under this Yojana cannot also avail any other scholarship / scheme of the Government.
|For General, OBC & EWC Candidates||No Application Fee to be Require.|
|For SC, ST & PWD Candidates||No Application Fee to be Require.|
SSY Age Limit as on 01/01/2020
|Minimum Age Limit||18 Years|
|Maximum Age Limit||60 Years|
|Relaxation ( in Upper age limit )||05 Years for SC/ST Candidates|
03 Years for OBC Candidates
SSY Eligibility Criteria
- In order to be eligible to apply for registration and getting benefits under the scheme a beneficiary should conform to the following criteria :-
- He / She must be a resident of West Bengal.
- He / She should be between 18-60 years of age.
- His / Her family income should not exceed Rs. 6, 5001- per month.
- Samajik Mukti Card means a special Smart Card (with 32 / 64 or more KB memory electronic chip) or Plastic Card or Paper Card issued by the West Bengal Unorganised Sector Workers Welfare Board for the identity of the registered workers.
- The existing Samajik Mukti Card (SMC), Registration number and Pass Book issued to unorganised workers will be deemed to be valid for the purpose of this scheme.
- All new unorganised workers under this scheme will be issued SMC to avail benefits under this Yojana.
- SMC would also be issued to all existing unorganised workers who are registered under the various schemes and who were not issued these cards earlier.
- The SMC can be used by an unorganized worker at any of the Regional Labour Offices (R.L.O) at districts and subdivisions as well as in all Labour Welfare Facilitation Centres (L.w.F.C) in Blocks and Municipalities.
How to fill The Form
- Subject to fulfillment of the above mentioned eligibility criteria a willing unorganised worker shall apply in the prescribed form (Form-I) for registration under this scheme.
- The registration can be done at the Block / Municipality / Municipal Corporation Office and also may be through special camps to be organised in each Block / Municipality / Municipal Corporation once in a month.
|Apply Online Link||Click Here|
|Download Application Form & Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Latest More Sarkari Jobs & New Updates
- রাজ্যে নতুন বন সহায়ক পদে চাকরি, ২০০০ শূন্যপদে বিরাট নিয়োগ | West Bengal Bana Sahayak Recruitment 2023
- Bihar SHSB Asha Trainer Online Form 2020
- Bihar SHSB Various Post Online Form 2020
- Bihar AMIN Recruitment 2020
- Bihar BSUSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2020
© Copyright 2019-2020 at www.freesarkarijobalert.com
For Any Feedback in this website contact us email@example.com
Disclaimer : The Examination Results / Marks published in this Website is only for the immediate Information to the Examinees an does not to be a constitute to be a Legal Document. While all efforts have been made to make the Information available on this Website as Authentic as possible. We are not responsible for any Inadvertent Error that may have crept in the Examination Results / Marks being published in this Website nad for any loss to anybody or anything caused by any Shortcoming, Defect or Inaccuracy of the Information on this Website.