ICAR 2020 Application Form – Eligibility, Application fee, Admit Card, Exam Date, Age Limit and Full Notification – The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has entrusted the responsibility of conducting All India Entrance Examinations for admission to UG, PG & Ph.D Courses in AUs, and award of scholarships and fellowships to the NTA from 2019 onwards.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is the apex body for coordinating, guiding, and managing research and education in agriculture in the entire country under the aegis of DARE, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare. Considering the importance of agricultural education, the University Education Commission (1948) chaired by Dr. S. Radhakrishnan recommended the establishment of Rural Universities in the country. As a result, the first State Agricultural University was established in 1960 at Pantnagar on the pattern of the Land Grant Colleges of the United States. The ICAR-AU system of India has 75 Agricultural Universites comprising 64 State Agricultural, Veterinary, Horticultural and Fisheries Universities (SAUs), 4 ICAR-DUs, viz. IARI, IVRI, NDRI and CIFE, 3 Central Agricultural Universities (CAU, Imphal, Dr. RPCAU, Pusa and RLB CAU, Jhansi), 4 Central Universities (CUs) having Faculty of Agriculture (BHU, AMU, Viswa Bharati and Nagaland University). The National Agricultural Research and Education System (NARES) of India is one of the largest in the world, admitting more than 15,000 graduates, 11,000 post-graduates, and 2,500 Ph.Ds annually, in different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences.
ICAR 2020 Application Form – Full Notifications
ICAR 2020 Application Form Important Dates
|Online submission of Application Form||01.03.2020|
|Online submission of Application Form Last Date||31.03.2020 |
(upto 05:00 pm)
|Last date of successful transaction of fee through Credit/Debit Card/NetBanking/UPI||01.03.2020-31.03.2020 |
(upto 11:50 pm)
|Correction in particulars of Application Form on website only (No corrections shall be allowed after 02.05.2020)||25.04.2020-02.05.2020|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||08.05.2020|
|Date of Examination||01.06.2020|
|Duration of Examination||150 minutes (2½ hours)|
|Timing of Examination||9:30 a.m-12:00 noon|
|Centre, Date and Shift of Examination||As indicated on Admit Card|
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||15.06.2020|
ICAR 2020 Application Form Application Fee
|General/Unreserved, Other Backward Classes (OBC)-(NCL)* & UPS**/ EWS***||Rs. 750/-|
|Processing charges & GST are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable|
ICAR 2020 Application Form Age Limit as on 01/01/2020
- Indian Nationals of at least 16 years of age as on 31.08.2020 are eligible to apply for the examination.
- No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
ICAR 2020 Application Form Eligibility Criteria
- In order to appear in AIEEA (UG) 2020, Indian national candidates must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/University (Annexure VI), with minimum prescribed marks/grade, after a period of 12 years of study. The medium of instruction in the admitting University will be English.
- Candidate must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC (NCL), UPS, EWS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST, Transgender, PwD categories. There will be no rounding-off of the OGPA/percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage asabove is available.
- Candidate already appeared in the qualifying examination enumerated above, can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions latest at the time of counselling/admission in the allotted university.
- Candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility requirements for the examination as well as admission as detailed in the Information Bulletin. Applying for AIEEA (UG) 2020, appearing in the examination and qualifying the same does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. The applicant for a particular Subject must satisfy the eligibility criteria as specified in this Information Bulletin (or its amendments / corrections).
Candidates must keep following information ready before filling online Application Form:-
- Govt Identity Details like Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits)/Election Card (EPIC No.)/Passport number/Ration Card Number/ Bank Account Number/PAN Number/ Other valid Govt Ids.
- Address for communication, Mobile Number, email id, etc.
- Scanned images of latest Photograph (size of 10 kb to 200 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Signature (size of 4 kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Scanned image of Thumb Impression, Male-Left and Female-Right (size of 3kb to 30 kb) in JPG/ JPEG format only
- Bank Account details for payment of Fee, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
|Apply Online||Registration | Login|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Official Website NTA||Click Here|
|Public Notice||Click Here|
|Official Website||Click Here|