PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 – Eligibility, Salary, Admit Card, Exam Date and Full Notification – Online applications are hereby invited from Indian Citizens and such other nationals declared eligible by Government of India for recruitment to the under mentioned post(s) which is/are temporary but likely to be permanent. ABILITY TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK IN BENGALI IS AN ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT BUT SUCH KNOWLEDGE IS NOT MANDATORY FOR CANDIDATES WHOSE MOTHER TONGUE IS NEPALI, UNLESS SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED. SUCH ABILITY WILL BE TESTED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW.
PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 – Full Notifications
PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
- Commencement of online applications : 3rd January, 2020
- Closing date for receipt of online application : 27th January, 2020
- Last date of payment of fees : 27th January, 2020
- Last date for payment of fees Offline in Branches of UBI : 28th January, 2020
- Last date for Generation of Payment Challans by Branches of UBI : 27th January, 2020
PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 Application Fee
- Rs. 160/- (Rupees one hundred sixty) only.
- Candidates may in addition have to bear the following charges:
- For online payment through debit/credit cards: Convenience fee @ 1% of the examination fee subject to a minimum of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.
- For online payment using net banking facility: Convenience fee of Rs. 5/- (Rupees Five) only plus 18% G.S.T. on such convenience fee.
- For offline payment through Bank Counter: Service Charge of Rs. 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only.
PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 Age Limit as on 01/01/2019
- Not more than 39 years on 01.01.2019.
- The benefits of reservation of vacancies and relaxation of upper age limit up to 5 years are admissible only to S.C. and S.T. candidates of West Bengal. Relaxation up to 3 years may be allowed to O.B.C. (’A’ & ‘B’- Both Non Creamy Layer) candidates of West Bengal. S.C., S.T. and O.B.C. candidates of other States may apply against unreserved vacancies only as general candidates. Such benefits are also available up to the age of 45 years for Persons with disabilities.
- A candidate claiming to be S.C., S.T., O.B.C. (Non Creamy Layer) and persons with disabilities (40% and above) must have a certificate issued by a competent authority as specified below on or before the closing date of submission of online application, in support of his/her claim:
PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 Eligibility
- A 2nd class Hons. Degree or Master’s Degree in Geophysics from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- The qualifications prescribed in the advertisement are as per the notified recruitment rules issued by Government.
- All the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates mentioned in the advertisement must have been obtained only from Universities/ Institutions duly recognized by the competent authorities.
- The prescribed ‘essential qualifications’ are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle applicants to be called for the interview. Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it is not conveniently possible to interview all the applicants, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of either higher qualification /higher marks/ grade obtained or on the basis of a Preliminary Screening Test (PST).
PSC Geo-Physical Assistant Recruitment 2020 Vacancy Details Total: Post
- VACANCIES 6 (SIX)
- RESERVATION 1 each reserved for OBC-A (Non Creamy Layer), S.C. & S.T.
- WATER RESOURCES INVESTIGATION AND DEVELOPMENT, GOVT. OF W.B.
- PAY: Rs. 7,100 – 37,600 (P.B. 3) plus Grade Pay of Rs. 4,100/- and other allowances.